HERE ARE 10 REASONS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO HIRE PRI-TEC AS YOUR CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS........
1. Some owners may lack the necessary knowledge of the building process. Therefore, they forego control of their investment and look to the general contractors as their source of guidance. This reliance upon the general contractors often ends in disappointment, as well as going over the owner's budget.
2. Many time owners fail to visit the construction site before and during construction. If something is overlooked, or needs to be changed and is missed, it costs more in the end to fix.
3. Owners may fail to make progress construction inspections. If a general contractor makes a mistake, especially one that will cost him money to remedy, he is likely to hide it rather than fix it.
4. Some builders can become self-serving. They have unaddressed quality standards, and weak performance commitments. If you don't know which general contractors are professionals you will find it difficult to resolve disagreements or differences.
5. Excessive and/or needless "allowance items" can become overused. Rather than make some calls to track down pricing on something a builder will simply throw in more than enough dollars to cover the unknown.
6. Excessive charges for Change Orders made during construction. If you make any changes once you have started construction, the builder can charge you whatever they want and you are stuck.
7. Incomplete and/or poorly described Building Specifications. It takes professionals to come up with a complete set of specifications for your building, but it is worth the effort.
8. Unrealistic projected completion dates. Builders will give you the date you want to get the job!
9. The use of intimidation. Business owners usually have a limited knowledge of the construction process and are easy targets.
10. The unwillingness of owner to confront builder with justified complaints. An owner may be uncomfortable if he approaches the builder.