Pri-Tec is a unique Construction Management company. They provide a team of experienced professionals to provide timely important construction advise, costing and scheduling at every step of your project whether you are building a new facility or retrofitting an existing building.
Mike Watters, Pri-Tec's Project Manager
Choosing the right Construction Manager is key and Pri-Tec guarantees that their services will produce a better quality facility that gets built within budget and on schedule.
Call Mike Watters or Peter Willemsen for a consultation 613-839-3462.
As Construction Managers, Pri-Tec ensures that their clients will receive the most comprehensive bidding process. Clients can evaluate all tenders received and have the final decision on which sub-trades and suppliers will be part of their new facility. There is no need for owners to go through the bidding process, Pri-Tec does it for you. Call Peter Willemsen to find out how Pri-Tec can help you with your building needs.
HERE ARE 10 REASONS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO HIRE PRI-TEC AS YOUR CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS........
1. Some owners may lack the necessary knowledge of the building process. Therefore, they forego control of their investment and look to the general contractors as their source of guidance. This reliance upon the general contractors often ends in disappointment, as well as going over the owner's budget.
2. Many time owners fail to visit the construction site before and during construction. If something is overlooked, or needs to be changed and is missed, it costs more in the end to fix.
3. Owners may fail to make progress construction inspections. If a general contractor makes a mistake, especially one that will cost him money to remedy, he is likely to hide it rather than fix it.
4. Some builders can become self-serving. They have unaddressed quality standards, and weak performance commitments. If you don't know which general contractors are professionals you will find it difficult to resolve disagreements or differences.
5. Excessive and/or needless "allowance items" can become overused. Rather than make some calls to track down pricing on something a builder will simply throw in more than enough dollars to cover the unknown.
6. Excessive charges for Change Orders made during construction. If you make any changes once you have started construction, the builder can charge you whatever they want and you are stuck.
7. Incomplete and/or poorly described Building Specifications. It takes professionals to come up with a complete set of specifications for your building, but it is worth the effort.
8. Unrealistic projected completion dates. Builders will give you the date you want to get the job!
9. The use of intimidation. Business owners usually have a limited knowledge of the construction process and are easy targets.
10. The unwillingness of owner to confront builder with justified complaints. An owner may be uncomfortable if he approaches the builder.
Under the Ontario Building Code Act, a building permit is required for the construction of a new building, an addition, or alteration of any building or structure which results in a building area of over 10 square metres (approximately 108 square feet).
The following is a list of typical projects that require a permit:
A deck that is adjacent to or attached to the house and its walking surface is more than 600 mm (24 in.) above the adjacent grade
An elevated deck providing principal access to a building
A deck that is independent from the house (e.g. is in the middle of the yard) and has a walking surface greater than 10 square metres (approximately108 square feet) in area and its walking surface is more than 600 mm (24 in.) above the adjacent grade
Attached or detached garages and sheds
Installation of solid fuel appliances (i.e. woodstoves and fireplaces)
Sunrooms, solariums and porches
Alterations to a plumbing system (except replacing fixtures)
Structural foundation repairs
Interior and exterior structural alterations, such as,
adding or removing walls, i.e., creating different room sizes and/or uses
one and two storey additions
new windows where there were none before
enlarging or relocating a window or door
finishing a basement
Installation of cleanouts and backwater valves
Conversion from septic to sanitary sewer
Equipment storage buildings
Manure storage structures (exclusion – earthen)
Cover all type structures (fabric / hoop)
Installation of solar collector systems mounted on a building having a face area equal to or greater than 5 m² (“face area” shall include the aggregate area of all panels or modules either in a series or an array).
CALL PRI-TEC FOR A FREE CONSULTATION ON HOW TO OBTAIN A BUILDING PERMIT
IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUILDING A NEW BUILDING, PUTTING UP AN ADDITION OR RETROFITTING YOU MAY NEED SITE PLAN CONTROL APPROVAL.
WHAT IS SITE PLAN CONTROL?
It is the process used to control the various features on the site of an actual development including building location, landscaping, drainage, parking and access by pedestrians and vehicles.
Under the Site Plan Control Approval Process, the City staff must approve most types of development before a building permit can be issued. On a positive note, it should be noted that the majority of site plans are approved.
WHO REQUIRES SITE PLAN CONTROL APPROVAL?
·Commercial and Industrial developments
·Residential projects such as townhouse complexes and apartment
·Certain changes in land use
·Certain types of development in a Heritage Conservation District
·Communications towers of certain heights above ground level
·Temporary building and alterations
HOW CAN PRI-TEC CONSTRUCTION LTD. HELP OBTAIN SITE PLAN APPROVAL?
·Pri-Tec is up-to-date with all the recent changes to the Ontario Planning Act
·Pri-Tec knows what information and development considerations the City requires at each step
·Pri-Tec is knowledgeable with the policies and guidelines, zoning information, engineering requirements, application fees and so forth
·Pri-Tec will manage your Site Plan Approval application by completing all required forms and attending various meetings with the City
WHY SHOULD I CALL PRI-TEC FOR SITE PLAN APPROVAL SUPPORT?
Pri-Tec has been working successfully with the City for nearly 40 years and therefore has a thorough understanding of the Site Plan Approval process. This invaluable knowledge assists Pri-Tec’s clients to move forward without undue delays and meet their construction deadlines.
We invite you to call or email Pri-Tec for a complimentary consultation to ascertain whether or not you need Site Plan Approval.
Peter Willemsen, President of Pri-Tec Construction Ltd. receive the "Excellence in Design Award" for the Hunt Club Nissan project. The award is presented by Adam Scott, the District Manager of American Buildings Company.