IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUILDING A NEW BUILDING, PUTTING UP AN ADDITION OR RETROFITTING YOU MAY NEED SITE PLAN CONTROL APPROVAL.
WHAT IS SITE PLAN CONTROL?
It is the process used to control the various features on the site of an actual development including building location, landscaping, drainage, parking and access by pedestrians and vehicles.
Under the Site Plan Control Approval Process, the City staff must approve most types of development before a building permit can be issued. On a positive note, it should be noted that the majority of site plans are approved.
WHO REQUIRES SITE PLAN CONTROL APPROVAL?
· Commercial and Industrial developments
· Residential projects such as townhouse complexes and apartment
· Certain changes in land use
· Certain types of development in a Heritage Conservation District
WHO DOES NOT REQUIRE SITE PLAN ONTROL APPROVAL?
· Single detached, semi-detached duplex, triplex dwellings
· Additions to street townhouses
· Accessory buildings or addition under 200m2
· Special needs housing/group homes
· Bed and Breakfast Establishments
· Pumping Stations
· Communications towers of certain heights above ground level
· Temporary building and alterations
HOW CAN PRI-TEC CONSTRUCTION LTD. HELP OBTAIN SITE PLAN APPROVAL?
· Pri-Tec is up-to-date with all the recent changes to the Ontario Planning Act
· Pri-Tec knows what information and development considerations the City requires at each step
· Pri-Tec is knowledgeable with the policies and guidelines, zoning information, engineering requirements, application fees and so forth
· Pri-Tec will manage your Site Plan Approval application by completing all required forms and attending various meetings with the City
WHY SHOULD I CALL PRI-TEC FOR SITE PLAN APPROVAL SUPPORT?
Pri-Tec has been working successfully with the City for nearly 40 years and therefore has a thorough understanding of the Site Plan Approval process. This invaluable knowledge assists Pri-Tec’s clients to move forward without undue delays and meet their construction deadlines.
We invite you to call or email Pri-Tec for a complimentary consultation to ascertain whether or not you need Site Plan Approval.